Page last updated 17 December, 2017
© Malvern Baptist Church, 2017
MALVERN BAPTIST CHURCH
“To grow our church in love (fellowship), faith (worship) and knowledge (discipleship) of God, with people from all generations to the glory of Jesus Christ in Malvern, through the power of the Holy Spirit“
We are an ‘open’ Baptist church, so while commending believers baptism we accept into our fellowship all who love and serve Jesus Christ.
“In things essential– Unity;
In things non-
In all things Charity.”
For our Statement of Faith we have accepted the one produced by the Evangelical Alliance
We believe in...
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10. The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11. The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
We have a covenant which all members agree to before being accepted into membership.
I am honoured to be a member of the Christian Church, and accept my responsibility to serve Jesus Christ, who is the Head of the Church.
I acknowledge Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord, and depend upon the Holy Spirit’s aid day by day.
I therefore promise that, with God’s help I will lead a life that honours Christ, accept the disciplines of prayer and Bible Study, and endeavour to lead other people to know Jesus Christ.
I will accept the responsibilities of Church membership. I shall therefore regularly attend the acts of worship and the members’ meetings, unless really unable to do so. I will be available to serve the Church, and to contribute to its life and work in any appropriate way, and will give regularly and as generously as I can.
I will avoid any thought, word or action that might discredit Christ or dishonour His Church. I will be loyal to Him and to His people.
If I leave the area, and can no longer realistically belong to Malvem Baptist Church, I will seek membership of another Christian fellowship.
I depend on God’s help to keep these promises, and offer my life to the glory of God, the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
|What we believe|
|YA's Home Group|
|Tearfund Big Bake|
|Twin a Toilet|
|Send a Cow|
|What to expect|
|All Age Service|
|MBC Cycle Club|
|MBC Hill Ramble|
|Middle Age Spread|
|Coffee & Craft|